Monday, June 29, 2009

Seven-day-old "J" made posing a newborn...

...look like a piece of cake! Every NON-newborn session I go to, my client always says, "Gosh, I love those poses you get the babies in! It must be so easy since they are so sleepy and mushy!" Um, no. ;-) There is always a lot of shushing going on in the attempt to keep them in the deep REM sleep they are in... And the balancing alone- being able to feel the balance of their heads, tweeking here and there as necessary, is REALLY tough. Then you have to think about the whole photo- is this going to look natural or awkward and uncomfortable? So again, tweek as necessary. I am always sore the next day after a newborn session! With J, there wasn't much tweeking! He just really went in to everything. There were a couple poses that took about 5 minutes, but the session was so good that when I was done capturing what I wanted to, I said, "Now what can we do with him??!!" K, thanks for letting me come and play! ;-) I had a ton of fun.

This is the one that took about 5 minutes...Worth it!!!
Photobucket

Decided I am tired of rings on toes...
Photobucket

Sometimes you catch a little look while they are sleeping- this was an almost smile...lol
Photobucket

Loving doing this pose...
Photobucket

Nothing like hanging a baby in a hammock to end the session...
Photobucket

What can I say, I love this blanket, and use it all the time!!!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

summer lyn photography

wife to Greg, mother to 2 beautiful girls, Hannah and Emerson