Wednesday, June 24, 2009

"As soon as I can see through the tears...

...I'll write back." That is what Jess wrote in the responding email to the teasers that I sent her. I literally just got this email back 5 minutes ago, and just had to blog about it right away. I mean, I cannot explain that feeling I got when I got that email back. To know I brought someone to tears because of the photos of their child is, well, heart-warming. Jess, I am floored. You have been my most excited client, I swear- our emails back and forth the last 2 months have been nothing short of a riot. I was all set for that hour and a half trip into Jersey at day 6. We were both heartbroken when Jess had to spend more than a week in the hospital!!! In the end, Jess and her husband ended up making the trip to ME! So why am I so floored about that email? Because it was a tough session- Baby E was 3 weeks old; I really try never to photograph that age, for fear that the session won't turn out the way the moms want them to and expect them to. I always explain, "Everything you see on the website of the newborns are really less than 10 days old." So to be able to capture something that brought her to tears make me feel humbled. I didn't tuck E's toes under her chin or hang her out of a basket or any of my other poses that I usually do, and even so, Jess cried over what I gave her so far, and that is good enough for me.

The shot that may have done it- this was Jess's bear given to her when JESS was born, 30 years ago...
Photobucket

Going in her bedroom
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

E's fish mouth
Photobucket

Yup, we have ourselves some Steeler's fans!
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I can understand the tears. Speaking of.....we need to reschedule one of these days even with missing bangs :-)

    ReplyDelete

summer lyn photography

wife to Greg, mother to 2 beautiful girls, Hannah and Emerson