Thursday, August 27, 2009

Two newborns | Long Island Newborn Photographer | Summer Lyn Photography

Both amazing sessions from this week, so I figured I might as well put them both in the same blog entry. Aidan and Victoria, both as sweet as can be. Since I have been getting the itch (if you know what I mean?!), these two sessions did NOT help! I am so lucky to be able to shoot so many newborn every month. I feel lucky for a couple reasons. Number one being that I get to capture SUCH a wonderful moment in the lives of the parents and the baby. They get so big so incredibly fast, that photographing this time, usually less than a week old, almost always less than two weeks, is unique. Get photographs at four weeks old, and they are usually two pounds more than they were four weeks prior, and definitely not as flexible... just a WORLD of difference. Number two, and call me selfish, is I get to see them grow up. I get to see them as sitters and walkers, and I remember every single face as a newborn. When I photograph them throughout that first year, it makes you stop and remember how fast it all goes. Because as I am behind the camera, looking at them through the viewfinder, I am seeing them as these tiny, six-seven pound, sleepy newborns, and I sometimes tear up over it. (Have you guys guessed yet that I am such a sap?!! LOL)

Enough about that! ;-) Introducing Aidan first, whose parents are DJs- hence the first shot....



I always love this position, and don't you just love that hair on his shoulders?!!!


Do you ever get sick of seeing these??!


It has become my most requested hat!


He was happy about this...



And Victoria, in daddy's arms- I am salivating over the lighting/shadows in this one...


And that favorite position always goes well with this hat...


She fell right into this pose... I'll take it, thank you very much...


Doesn't happen too often- their eyes open and alert and gorgeous!


My new favorite "holding the wedding bands" shot

1 comment:

  1. Stunning, stunning, stunning!! #6 is fantastic! Love it. Awesome posing, what great newborn shots!! :)

    ReplyDelete

summer lyn photography

wife to Greg, mother to 2 beautiful girls, Hannah and Emerson