Saturday, August 22, 2009

A beachy wedding | Long Island Wedding Photographer | Summer Lyn Photography

My very fist time shooting a wedding, and I hope not my last. What a wonderful day today. Here is where it all begins, and gosh it would be so nice to do this more- to see the couple from the beginning, their love on their wedding day. (I am already anxious for the maternity and newborn sessions with them, but I am told I will have to wait a long time!)

So, before my cop days, I went to school to become a doctor. What happened? I did an internship at a hospital under a cardiologist. One day, during rounds in the ICU, I was told, "Let's go get his wife. I have to tell her we are going to lose him today." As we told the wife, I was the one that started to well up and break down, and I decided that I couldn't be a doctor- that I can't bring bad news to someone, that I am too emotional, that I need to do something where I can remain calm and collected.

So much for that!

It is tough to remain unemotional when D and D were exchanging vows or when they danced their first dance. Okay okay, David Gray, This Years Love- who wouldn't cry?!

Through my tears I got some great captures. Here is just a sneak peak into the wedding of Diane and Dave- a day that I am glad I was able to take part of.

getting ready


the details...






stunning


Diane's grandmother, who told me today that God let her live to see this day......


they did it!


first dance


the passion...

9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous shots! Crystal clear clarity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow these are just beautiful so many great moments captured for them. THat grandmother shot made me cry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so beautiful! You can just feel the emotion in them! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are wonderful! Your attention to detail is amazing. They are going to treasure these.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! My eyes started to well up at the photo of her grandmother. It captures such a beautiful moment

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous, Summie! Ya done good, girl. So proud. Liv was gushing over the blog too. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful and absolutely stunning! The emotion and moments you've captured here are just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. GORGEOUS! The grandmother shot is just unbelievable

    ReplyDelete

summer lyn photography

wife to Greg, mother to 2 beautiful girls, Hannah and Emerson